- Perhaps one of the most defining moments for me in Reflexology was during my training. I worked on a client with severe asthma. The client arrived for a session having difficulty breathing. As I began to work on the lung reflex area of the hand, the client took a deep breath. As I continued to work this area, the client began breathing deeper and more evently. The dramatic difference was noticeable to us both.
- Another experience was with a client who suffered from sleep apnea. The client rarely had a good nights rest, even when wearing a continuous positive airway pressure therapy mask (C-PAP). Usually within the first 5 minutes of a Reflexology session, the client went into a deep sleep lasting the length of a session. The client awoke refreshed; stating it was better than the sleep experienced wearing the mask.
Hyperactive or Stressed Children
- Amazingly I find children love Reflexology. Whether hyperactive, having a tantrum or overly tired, within minutes of working on their feet, the child settles into a calm, relaxed and happy state, often going to sleep.
- A client with external fossa decompression, neck and back pain, and constant shoulder pain experienced relief within 30 minutes of the first session.
- Reflexology improves circulation in the feet. Clients tell me their numbness goes away after a Reflexology session.
- One client who is a breast cancer survivor suffers from debilitating neuropathy. After one session the client reported she forgot to take her pain meds the next day because she was not experiencing any pain.